Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Anne Rice - Christ the Lord - Out of Egypt

As i spoke to my dear friend Roger about good books that he recomends, he started talking about this one set of books which described Jesus' early life and made him fall in love with the Son of men even more. That was the first time i heard of Anne Rice and her novels, both titled Christ the lord, with different subtitles describing first his return from Egypt and then his life before his public ministry started. Me being a fan of good novels, even more historical novels, eagerly went to bookdepository.com and preordered both books. Knowing they offer free shipping worldwide and have a great price for preorders, I got them both for $12 or less. Of course, not knowing what Anne Rice used to write about I had hard time ordering since all the results on first pages were of vampires. It took me some time to realize she was a famous vampire related novels writer. Good thing she's now done with that ;-]


Free Delivery on all Books at the Book DepositoryNow, probably 4 months after I got my books, I've only reached page 120 and I'm still struggling going thru the book. And I don't even think it has to do with her catholic interpretation of scriptures but with her style of writing. She is very descriptive in things I as an introvert really don't wanna know. She was very good in descriptive proces of bringing the reader into middle east mentality of that age, and her historical perspective is what makes it so real and rich for reader to consume. At the same time, I was almost bored with fine details she used to describe the family life. And here I don't mean the fine details of history or ancient culture of Egypt or Jews, but when she went on to describe who sat by whome, and when they went to bed what was the order of children on the floor. Now, maybe I should check her vampires books as well, just to see if that was her usual writing style.

So to be honest, I still need to finish reading this one to make a fair review, but just to give you heads up on how I've liked it so far.

Read well,

Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment