Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Francis Chan - Forgotten God

Few months ago I finally got 2 books by Francis Chan. Forgotten God and Erasing Hell. I've only had a chance to read the Forgotten God, and to be honest, it was so much less then I was expecting it to be. Don't get me wrong, it's an excellent book, but not at all what I was thinking it would be.

First what I liked. This seems like a good book to give to every new believer to read on the topic of God the Spirit. It is systematic enough to cover all the important aspects of life by faith and yet easy to read, unlike many other systematic manuals.

Somewhat random comment is his use of questions in the book. It felt like all he did was aks Q. Now, every now and then a good question can actually get you to think more about the given topic, but with this being Francis Chan writing style for this book, I was quite annoyed by most of them.

Secondly, I felt like what he did was a bit too much politically correct. When talking of things which are forgotten, you might want to know how it all came to pass. I'm really not into naming names, but I was hoping he would shed some light onto both sides, charismatic and conservative one, showing how both have forgotten what the Spirit's role is. At one point, it felt as if being a bestseller was a higher goal then saying things as they are. But then, this might just be my internal feeling. Maybe if I had spent more time asking and answering all those questions, I would have felt different about the book.

take care

D

No comments:

Post a Comment